Registration: Children will be considered for entry to the Nursery, following a visit to the Nursery, when the Registration Form has been completed and returned to us and the non-returnable £50 Registration Fee paid.
Offer of a Place: If a place is offered, a £200 deposit will be payable upon acceptance of the offer. The Acceptance Deposit is returnable, when your child leaves the Nursery provided that there are no outstanding fees/sundries.
Waiting List: Where applications exceed the number of places available, the Head of the Nursery compiles a waiting list and places are allocated in liaison with the Headmaster, using the following criteria:
- where the parents wish their child to continue his/her education within Hawley Place Prep School
- where parents are looking for a full time place and/or on the basis of need
- the date of the original registration
- where the child has a brother or sister currently attending the school
Class Transfer and Age: Provided that there are places available
- Children are accepted into the Lions Class of the Nursery from the age of two.
- Transfer between the Lions Class into the Tigers Class takes place only in September and pupils must normally be three by the preceding 31st August before entering the Tigers Class.
- Children continuing their education at Hawley Place normally transfer from the Nursery Tigers Class to the Prep School Reception Class in September having attained the age of four.
- A child at the Nursery is not guaranteed a place in the Reception Class of Hawley Place Prep School, entry to which is subject to admission requirements and a formal offer and acceptance incorporating Hawley Place School’s Standard Terms and Conditions.
- If you wish your child to transfer from Tigers to Hawley Place School Reception Class, please get in contact with the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet the Headmaster and view the Prep/Senior School. In order to secure a place, you will need to complete the Acceptance Form for the main school and pay the £500 Acceptance Deposit. Please note that until the Acceptance Deposit has been received, we cannot confirm the allocation of a place in Reception. The Acceptance Deposit is returnable, when your child ultimately leaves Hawley Place.
- If a child is accepted into Hawley Place Reception Class, it is on the understanding that the parents wish their child to continue his/her education throughout the Prep School. We will not normally accept a child into our Reception Class, if it is the intention of the parents to move the child to another school as soon as the child is no longer eligible for a Early Years Education grant.